90 Min Workshop Series
6:00pm – 7:30pm *Time subject to change
$20 pre-sale | $25 at door
To create a community around female and family empowerment through education to normalize and familiarize people with the birth process and all the options at hand. Helping to remove fear from birth by educating, uplifting, inspiring and empowering the birthing family.
These workshops offer an opportunity for all families to be educated with or without a doula. Mallory and Sancken both support a family’s decision to birth however they choose. We designed Dish With The Doulas, so that you have access to birth education regardless of hiring a doula. We will discuss prenatal, birth and postnatal options. In addition we provide resources, while navigating the interactions with your healthcare provider.
Mountain Sun Body and Birth is made up of two uplifting women with multiple gifts to share. Our founder, Sancken Burgess, is a Prenatal/Postnatal Massage Therapist and a Birth Doula has been specializing in women’s health since 2005. In 2011 Sancken created these workshops to bring the community together and allow birthing parents to be as educated through the birth process.
Workshop 1 – Lowdown on Labor
- basic intro to birth process and into to our cultural beliefs of birth today
- Discussing establishing a trusting relationship with healthcare providers
Workshop 2 – Creating Your Confidence
- A deeper look at active labor, reestablishing your comfort measures, how to work with your contractions, and the role of hormones.
- What works best for you? What is your birth plan? Answering these questions.
Workshop 3 – Answers to the “ what if ’s”
- Intro to interventions – Risks | Benefits
- Discussing indications for a cesarean and induction
- Instill confidence for quick decision making and ability to birth
Workshop 4 – Work it Mama
- Creating a place for returning students to share stories and empower other women
- 30 – 45 min birth story / empowerment share followed by breastfeeding intro and local advocacy resource discussion
** The series will follow same time format with varying topics outlined above
|5:30p – 6:00p||
|6:00p – 6:15p||
|7:00p – 7:25p||
|7:25p – 7:30p (*may exceed stated time)||